Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Chapati Hat


It's been exactly 5 years today since I donned that Chapati hat in 2009. I remember that it was one of the happiest moments of my life, and my Mom too as my buddy said that she cried when I received my scroll on stage.

I was grateful that some of my best friends and colleagues were present to show their support and that some of the fellows in the crowd gave me one of their loudest cheers and claps.

And this year, I am looking forward to seeing my beloved wife completing her PhD journey with flying colors and she'll be donning her very own chapati hat in April next year :)

I always believe that life is very fair. You'll get some, and you'll definitely lose some. In the end, it is up to us to judge if we have received more than we lost. Not necessarily in terms of quantity but more on the quality and the value of it. 

The life of a human is never gonna be a steady state, it never was, never is and will never going to be. The transients and changes are never ending, else there will be no advancements and improvements in our lives and life in general will definitely be a very boring happening, or rather not happening much :)

I guess as what I have read and studied on the many books that I have come across so far, we ought to embrace life as it is, as it comes along and adapt to it. Living with fear and worry is just a very negative way of taking the jest out of our very own existence. One such great and influential books on my take on life is "How To Live Without Fear and Worry" by the late Venerable K. Sri Dhammananda.

After all, life is short and we should make the very full use of it. Make it count, cultivate more good Karma no matter what others have done to us, be kind and generous according to our means and most importantly, be grateful and appreciative of loved ones amongst us. 

Time is always against us, but with great courage and a very positive thinking, I believe that nothing is impossible.

If you have read to this very last line of this very bland writeup of mine on this very lazy Saturday afternoon, May You and Your Loved Ones Be Well AND Happy. Remember that nothing is more important that our very own heartbeat. 

Haha OK I took that last line from Jacky's song :p


一起呼叫 沒有煩惱
除了呼吸其他不重要
除了現在甚麼都忘掉
心事像羽毛 越飄越消遙

煩惱 甚麼煩惱
除了心跳沒有大不了
人們不該去羨慕飛鳥
世界比我大 把自我縮小

烦恼歌 - 张学友





Cheers!




No comments: