Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back to Geek Life


I've been watching a lot of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Big Bang Theory" lately. And naturally, while watching them, I was reminded of my life not too long ago where I was literally a geek with my endless experiments on technologies.

And honestly, I missed that life. Man... talking about the things that I had to give up once I started working. 

So, I've embarked on a quest to re-live my geek self, trying to be myself again.

The first thing that I did was to get myself a Raspberry Pi. Yep, you heard that right, a Raspberry Pi. No no no... not an edible pie, but rather a mini computer the size of a credit card. Fascinating. Really.

It runs on Linux, USB ports, an Ethernet port, HDMI output amongst others and it just needs a mini USB port for power. It even has 26 pins for GPIO purposes. Awesome! Couldn't wait to make it perform some geeky tricks. It's really like getting a dog and training it to do tricks :p

Anyway, it costs a mere RM111, which is not expensive IMHO for a development kit with the limits being my imaginations and programming skills. The only thing that I don't really fancy about it is that it came in a pink box. 



So I was off learning programming again!! Yippeee!!! And this time it's Python as well as the loads of hack-styled Linux command lines :)

As I progress along, perhaps I shall share some codes here on this site as well as codes shared by others :) No worries, credits shall be given to the rightful generous souls who showed the way :)

In the mean time, wish me Happy Programming!

Cheers






No comments: